Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Pancakes make good hiding places

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes

I recently purchased the Meal Makeovers cookbook and this was the first recipe I tried. I made these for breakfast. They hide canned pumpkin. Talk about sneaking a vegetable in early in the day. The color was not any noticeably different since my kids are used to whole grain 'brown' pancakes. I did tell E what was in them after she ate two and proclaimed them "beautiful". She had requested no chocolate chips though as chocolate is apparently "not a breakfast food". She also said pancakes must be good hiding places as she didn't see any pumpkin in there.  Have to love that literal view of the world at times. The link for the recipe is above the photo.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A lot of work for so early in the morning but they look really yummy! I'm glad she proclaimed them beautiful :o)

-AP

plozaique said...

Nice!

JW said...

If you half the recipe, and mix the dry ingredients the night before, it saves a lot of time in the morning. :)

Print button