|The runner up - adapted from Have a Namaste blog|
|Lyle's Golden Syrup is my favorite liquid sweetener|
|The winning recipe - adapted from a recipe on Dr Oz|
CHOCOLATE AVOCADO PUDDING (12 1/2-cup servings)
- 12 oz bittersweet chocolate (I used Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 large Haas avocado (or 2 smaller ones)
- 1/2 light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey (or other syrup)
- 1/4 cup So Delicious Coconut Milk beverage (or preferred milk)
- 6 egg whites
2. Puree the avocado, brown sugar, honey, and milk in a food processor until smooth. With the machine running, pour in the chocolate mixture. (Or if your machine doesn't run with the lid off, pour a third of the chocolate mixture in and incorporate. Repeat until all chocolate is added).
3. Using a stand mixer or whisk, beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Stir about 1/2 cup egg white into the chocolate mixture until thoroughly blended.
4. Now, gently fold the chocolate mixture into the remaining egg whites. Pour the mousse into 12 small serving bowls and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or covered overnight. (Alternatively, put the whole thing in one giant bowl, and take out 1/2 cup serving when you crave chocolate pudding).
Nutrition per 1/2-cup: 216 cals, 10.7 g fat, 31.7 g carb, 1.2 g fiber, 12 g sugar, 3.33g protein
Yes, I balked at the fat content, but it is chocolate and avocado. There's going to be fat. The advantage is that it has way more potassium (219 mg), fiber, and other nutrients than a similar amount of store bought pudding.