Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Dannon Activia Yogurt works - I promise no "TMI"

For a while now, I've seen the ads with Jamie Lee Curtis. Dannon Activia will help regulate your digestive system. Then they show a diagram of a torso with a bunch of yellow dots moving down. I always wondered what those yellow dots are meant to represent, haven't you? 

Anyway, both my daughters and I have a side effect of consuming certain types of dairy. If we eat yogurt or icecream made from cow's milk, or if we drink cow's milk - well, let's just say our digestive systems are not regular. (On a side note, cheese does not have this effect. Thank goodness because E would be lost without her pizza.)
Seeing the ad intrigued me and I visited the Dannon website, but they don't give any details. As I promised no TMI, I guess so did Dannon. The only thing I could see that might be different from other yogurts was they had a culture they patented. Hmmm.
Not wanting to spend money on a new item without knowing details, I let the thought of trying it float happily out of my head. The less crowded it is in there, the better for everyone really. Then I got hooked on this show called Extreme Couponing. And I started watching prices, and collecting coupons, and just like that Dannon Activia 4-packs went on sale for $1.29 and I had coupons for $1 off. I was definitely more willing to experiment when something would only cost me 29 cents versus $3. I bought vanilla and strawberry.
E liked them both and surprisingly so did I. (Growing up eating European based yogurts, I've not found the American versions up to par generally speaking). It is creamy, with no odd chalky aftertaste that some of the yogurts with all the thickeners added have. And it has no artificial sweetener (unless you buy the Light version, which we have not tried). We also tried blueberry which was okay compared to the other two. I don't know what the difference was, but I didn't want to scrape every bit out of the container with the blueberry.
And by now you're asking, "Well, did it regulate you?".  Since we were already there, let's say we were very happy the yogurt did not de-regulate us. So if you have a great need to be regulated (pardon how dominating that sounds),  you might want to try this brand of yogurt.

No comments:

Print button