(Makes about 4 regular waffles, and 1 mini)
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups milk (works with So Delicious alternative dairy beverage)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Combine flours, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt in large bowl.
- Whisk milks, eggs, and oil in a medium bowl. (I am pretty sure my hubby skips this and dumps everything in one bowl and whisks together. They still turn out great).
- Whisk milk mixture into dry ingredients just until dry ingredients are thoroughly moistened. A few lumps are OK!
- Allow batter to rest for 5 minutes.
- Preheat your waffle iron (electric or otherwise).
- Pour scant 1 cup batter in center of waffle iron. Close top and cook according to your iron's instructions. For our Presto, it says to cook about 3 minutes. For our stove top iron, it can take up to 5 minutes over medium heat.