Thursday, June 6, 2013

I am indeed a sometimes blogger

I am in awe of those who make blogging their life/work. I am not one of those people. I prefer to do other things with my time. I know I posted 2 months ago about blogging for mental health, and I have not written one single post since!

Here's the thing: being online and surfing the web and writing my blog don't do much for my mental health. Sure, I get some stuff off my chest and get mostly good comments back (once I delete the spammers). 
Things that do make me feel sane again are cooking (with no special diet needs in mind), reading a good book, sleeping a full 8 hours, and dedicating at least 30 minutes a day to exercise.

The last one gives me an incredible boost in energy and in attitude, and sadly, it's the thing that often gets pushed aside. I'm getting better at not letting that happen and I've found that waking up before the crack of dawn and doing an exercise video (although boring!) is the easiest way to accomplish it. There are no kids needing this or that, and I can't do errands because then I'll wake everyone up. And then it is DONE.

The other thing I LOVE to do is to sit in my house alone and silent. There is usually so much noise around me when I am home from the family. The three other members of my lovely family are definitely noisier than me. And at times, I get irritated beyond reason by all of it. So about every 3 or 4 months, I take a day off work like today, and I sit in my recliner and read a magazine or I take a nap. I ignore all chores and I absorb and relish the quiet. My brain thanks me for it!!

No comments:

Print button